Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
I love this recipe because it’s so simple with just two ingredients! You don’t have to worry about any aromatics on the asparagus because the bacon is packed full of flavor and fat that it infuses the asparagus with its goodness. Folks will be in awe of this dish and think way more energy went forth towards it than it actually did.
—Chef Katie Picher
2 Bunches Asparagus
2 Packs Bacon
Method Of Preparation:
- Snap the part of the asparagus stalk that breaks easily. Discard the end part of the stalk or you can save to use it in a soup in which it will be blended. *The woody root end of the asparagus isn’t necessarily the easiest to eat. The stalk itself is usually tough and hard to chew, which is why I just use it in soups instead of wasting the whole product. Simply using the best tools in the kitchen, your hands, snap the asparagus bottom where it naturally wants to break. It’s that easy!
- Wrap asparagus in bundles of 3-4 with the bacon of your choice.
- Use pan spray and spray a sheet pan for the bundles.
- Roast in the oven at a temperature of 375° for about 20 minutes.
- Flip the bundles on their opposite side so the bacon can crisp up evenly on both sides of the bundles, and roast for an additional 20 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy with Burntshirt Vineyards Apple Wine.