Starrlight Mead uses four tons of honey and 105 gallons to create different extractions in their honey mead (wine). They have about 22 varietals of honey with a variety of flavors, herbs, and some juice. Their primary mead production consists of honey, water, and yeast.
Tasting at the 2017 NC Wine Month Kick Off Event
Traditional Semi-Sweet Mead — From the wildflower honey, the nose is a soft, floral honey. It’s incredibly smooth with a lingering, floral/honey finish. It is a Double Gold Medal, Best in Show, and a Silver Medal winner (American Wine Society Competition, 2015).
What they say: A sweeter honey wine. Fabulous floral honey nose and long lingering honey finish! Just what you would expect from mead! Wonderful with spicy foods or NY style cheesecake! Double Gold Medal and Best in Category winner at the 2015 American Wine Society and Silver Medal winner at the 2015 Finger Lakes competitions!
- Food pairing: spicy foods, rich desserts
- Cheese pairing: Asiago, Parmesan (earthy and mild)
- Winery Hours:
- Wednesday–Friday, 12:00–6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:00–6:00 p.m. with Tours
- Sunday: 1:00–5:00 p.m. with Tours
- Tasting includes eight meads with a complimentary wine glass. There is also honey tasting for children.
- Free Meadery Tours:
- Saturday: 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m.
- Find Starrlight Meads in a store near you.
- 2017 Small Business of the Year – Chatham Chamber of Commerce
- 2017 Best of the Triangle Locally Made Wine – Indy Weekly
Until our next glass…
Go local. Drink Carolinas. 🍷