Medaloni Cellars Oaked Viognier 2016 is more of a rich Viognier with sweet rose and apricot notes. Smooth vanilla lingers on the palate due to the time in young barrels.
What they say: Lightly oaked, fruity and clean, slight minerality
Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders
1 Cup shredded coconut flakes
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1 chicken breast
dash of sea salt
dash of black pepper
Method of Preparation:
- Crack the 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk.
- Gather 1 Cup of all-purpose flour in a bowl and sprinkle just a little bit of salt and pepper in with the flour. Make sure it’s mixed in well.
- Gather 1 Cup of shredded coconut flakes in a separate bowl.
- Slice the chicken breast into 3 strips.
- Now its ready for the standard breading procedure, but with coconut flakes. Dredge each piece of chicken through the flour first. Dip the chicken in the whisked eggs. Finally, lay it in the coconut flakes and coat the tender.
- Place the chicken tender in a sheet pan that’s been sprayed with pan spray.
- Bake the chicken tenders for 15–20 minutes at a temperature of 350° F.
These bad boys are really good paired with a honey mustard as well, which is surprisingly easy. Just get an equal amount of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and honey in a bowl and mix well together. Sometimes the addition of just a pinch of cayenne can go a long way with the flavor but isn’t necessary.
—Chef Katie Picher
Until our next glass…
Go local. Drink Carolinas. 🍷