Looking for a fun atmosphere to taste NC wine? Check out Burntshirt Vineyards’ Tasting Room. Award-winning wines and a guestbook greet you upon entering. Two large bar areas await guests while unique wine gifts are sprinkled throughout the building.
When stopping by for a tasting at Burntshirt, you have two flights to choose from: Estate Flight and Reserve Flight. The Estate flight is more like an every day type wine (even though the aromas and flavors are unlike other wineries). The Reserve flight is a bit more sophisticated and more dry. Each flight is $10 and includes a souvenir glass.
2014 Apple Wine, 2015 Estate White, and the Estate Rosé are just a few of the ten wines available to sip from the Estate Flight.
2015 Estate White
This is a refreshing white table wine. The aromatics are bright and refreshing and lend itself to a smooth, crisp sip. Because of the light and crisp qualities, this wine would be a great wine to take to gatherings or as as gift.
What they say: Stainless steel aged Vidal Blanc, this wine delivers bright aromatics of peach and pineapple with a crisp, refreshing finish.
- Estate White Pairings: grilled peaches, salads, vegetarian fare, chicken, fish, Swiss cheese, and goat cheese
The Estate Rosé is a bright, light wine. Fruit aromas hit the nose and palate first followed by a smooth, sweet finish.
What they say: Blended from whole cluster pressed Chambourcin and Cabernet Sauvignon, this wine invites you with aromatics of fresh berry and vanilla, lively red fruit on the palate, and a semi-sweet finish. A great sipping wine on its own, it also complements both sweet and savory dishes.
- Estate Rosé Pairings: frittata, quiche, burgers, sandwiches, grilled fish, Asian flavors, Rocchetta and Gruyere cheese
Reserve Flight Highlights:
2015 Grüner Veltliner — most award winning white wine, grape from Austria, almost cleanses the palate
2016 Vidal Blanc — pure, creamy finish, bright aromatics, just released a little over five weeks ago
2013 O Cellars Reserve Chardonnay — 100% barrel aged, spicy oak, buttery finish
2014 O Cellars Reserve Cab Franc — incredible balance, 95% French Oak and 5% Sweet Oak, hints of herbs and cherry, great for grilling and ribeye
2015 O Cellars Reserve Meritage — 5 varietal (, sophisticated, complex, pairs well with rich foods (Prime Rib)
2015 O Cellars Reserve Cab Sauv — delicate and velvety, more berry notes, just released a little over five weeks ago *One of our favorites!
2013 Harvest Gold Dessert Wine — floral aromatics, great to sip at the end of a meal or even to marinate fruit
I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food I’m cooking.
- Tasting Times:
- Sunday–Thursday: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Friday–Saturday: 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Tasting Locations:
- Tasting Room
- Patio with Vineyard Views
After tasting the many award-winning wines that Burntshirt has to offer, it’s easy to see why so many people have joined the Summit Club.
- 15% off all wine purchased in the tasting room and on wine shipments
- 10% off all merchandise in the tasting room (no food)
- Eight free tastings annually of all current releases for member and guest
- Invitations to exclusive wine club events and 20% off on public events
- Advanced registration for the Fall Foliage tour to Burntshirt Mountain
Until our next glass…
Go local. Drink Carolinas. 🍷